PRINT READY ARTWORK
'Print Ready Artwork' refers to a file that has all the specifications needed to produce a high quality printed end product. Most often printers require the following points which I can supply all in a print ready .pdf. I'll also supply standard .pdfs & a variety of other file types depending on the purpose of the artwork.
- Four-colour process CMYK and not RGB colour space.
- The document’s page size is the finished trim size.
- Fonts are embedded or converted to outlines so no fonts are needed.
- All scans resolution are 300 dpi at 100% of the final image size.
- Images are embedded in the file.
- Files are supplied with 3mm bleed.
- Artwork is at least 5mm from the edge of the page; this is regarded as a safe or quiet area.
- Black text is 100% black and not a mix of CMYK.
- Any multiple-page PDF consists of single pages running from the front cover through to the back cover, including blank pages if needed.